There are two types of bingo
played online, and in bingo halls around the
world. In the UK, Europe, Australia and parts
of South America 90 ball bingo using
a 9x3 card is common. In North America 75
ball bingo using a 5x5 card with the center
marked 'FREE' is the norm. Here we are going
describe how to play 75 ball bingo. Keep in
mind that the rules may differ slightly between
online bingo web sites.
The Bingo Card
The 75 ball bingo card is a 5 by 5 grid
of numbers with the letters B-I-N-G-O at the
top of each column. Each column contains 5 numbers
within a given range. In the middle of the grid
in the N column and 3 lines down, there is a
FREE cell. This cell is automatically highlighted
and counts as a legitimate cell in a winning
There is a variety of different
winning patterns which makes the game so interesting.
The common ones are:
- Single line down
- Single line across
- Four corners
- Diagonal line
The current pattern being
played is always indicated on the computer screen with
other information such as the prize and game
Select the card or cards you
want by clicking once anywhere on the face of
the card and complete the purchase by pushing
the 'BUY' button. You must purchase at least
one card in order to participate in a game.
To de-select a card, click on each selected
ticket. If you don't like the numbers of the
cards shown, you can click on 'Get New Cards'
to display a new set of cards to choose from.
Game time everyone!
If the bingo caller calls
a number that the player has, the player then
daubs every cell on their card(s) with the matching
number. In order to win the daubed numbers on
a bingo card must form a specific pattern, which
is displayed on the screen. The player who completes the winning pattern wins.
Some bingo web sites have
bells and whistles that make the game easier
such as a 'Quick Buy' button that allows you
to instantly buy 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 or MAX
which allows you to buy the maximum number of
- Sound on/off:
Controls the callers voice
Daubs the numbers as they are being called
To call BINGO automatically when you win.
Allows you to keep wagering and playing while
you are busy doing something else
To play, you will need to purchase bingo cards.
Just click on 'CARDS' to choose to play from
(1) to about (30) cards
Will display the Official Rules
Shows all the numbers that have been called
for the game in progress. The number currently
being called is displayed larger somewhere
on the screen.
Chat while you play
Most bingo players enjoy chatting with other players
while playing. To do so, just type a message
in the chat bar and then press enter.
You may want to review Bingo
Chat Acronyms or Bingo
Chat Etiquette to brush up on the
'Shorthand' method of communicating with your
Newer bingo games in the United Kingdom
30 Ball Bingo or Speed Bingo
- Card: 3 x 3 card with 9 squares.
- Game description: Thirty balls are called. A Full House covering all the numbers is the only way to win.
- Advantages: The game goes at a faster pace than 75 or 90 Ball Bingo.
- Disadvantages: No alternative patterns are offered.
- Current online bingo sites that offer the game: Bingo Playground, Bingo Magix, Gone Bingo, Harrys Bingo, House of Bingo and Mira Bingo.
80 Ball Bingo
- Card: Instead of a normal card, a 4 row by 4 column, board is used. Each column is a different color. The shutter board is marked by opening or closing slides on the board. In online bingo the board is marked with a darker shade of color.
- Game description: The game has not have a free space as does 75 ball bingo but offers a variety of patterns.
- Advantages: Faster pace than 90 ball bingo.
- Disadvantages: Slower than 75 ball bingo. Variety of patterns are limited.
Current online bingo sites that offer the game: Bet365 Bingo, Bingo.com, Gala Bingo, Ladbrokers Bingo, Sun Bingo and Tombola.
Continue learning about online bingo: Bingo